“There are two important days in your life, the day you are born and the day you find out why?” – Mark Twain.
Are you struggling to decide your aim in life? Are you aimless? Are you confused to choose the one thing which you will be doing in the coming years? Are you in a dilemma about your purpose of life? Go ahead with the article, you will get answers to them!
Disclaimer: Nobody can decide purpose of your life, you yourself have to take charge!
We all have amazing dreams within us because our mind is full of creativity and imagination. We have always thought ourselves to live a life full of happiness and achievement. But how many of us actually visualize the shape of our dreams and how to transform them into reality?
The transformation happens when you have self belief, confidence and most importantly a supreme “Goal” in life. We need to enlighten ourselves with our living. That one thing which we believe, interestingly only we can make it happen. No dream is small, or big. It’s about the impact that it creates on you and on others.
You can live the life you have imagined once you learn the skill of goal setting and start implementing it. Goal setting is really beneficial. It can change your life to a different level.
Why you should set your goals?
- Clear directions: It can help you to choose the right direction in life. Many of us don’t really know where we are going in life. If you are just walking on any path and don’t know, where this path will lead you, you are probably on the wrong track. It’s like a GPS system where you know where you are going and how you are going.
- More Success in life: A research was conducted in Harvard Business School, where students were asked how many of them have goals in their life? Around, 84% of students did not have any goal. 13% of students had goals but they had not written them. 3% of students had clear written goals with the timeline and plan. 13% of those were earning twice than that of 84% students. Interestingly, the ones who have written goals were earning 10 times more than remaining.
- Take control of your life: When you learn the skill of goal setting, you can become the boss of your own life. You take the charge of your life and become more responsible. Then you don’t need to blame the circumstances.
- Unlocking Potential: If you are talented and hardworking, but if you do not have goals in life, you will not be able to achieve your dreams on time.
- Staying happy: When you live life with purpose, one is always excited. Just like when we go to our favourite journey, we stay happy because we know where we are going.
To find your goals, you can ask yourselves these questions. Think on them and find the inner you.
- What is important to you and why it matters?
- What are your best qualities?
- What do you love to do? But more importantly, find what you hate to do, because these things will never excite you, and the paradox of choice will be less cumbersome.
- What would your perfect day look like?
- What would you do if you come to know that the world is going to end in 7 days?
- What skills would you love to master?
- What would you like your family and friends to say about you at your funeral?
- What would you do if you are absolutely guaranteed success?
- What fears you would like to overcome?
Life will not stick to specific plan if it is, it is not life! Have your SWOT analysis (Strength, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats). Some Goal setting tips are:
- Define your goals in writing.
- Identify the benefits you will enjoy. Why should I do this?
- Analyse your current reality.
- Determine your obstacles and risks.
- Gather Knowledge and work accordingly.
- Identify your investments and sacrifices.
- Develop an Action Plan
- Set a deadline.
- Reward yourself.
- Never Settle for less. Think Big!