Geospatial Media and Communications is glad to announce the winners of this year’s Geospatial World Leadership Awards. The ceremony took place on January 17th, at Geospatial World Forum 2018, in Hyderabad, India.
A S Kiran Kumar, ISRO, was awarded a ‘Special Acheivement Award’ for being the backbone of ISRO’S path-breaking Innovations and outreach in the recent times. Kumar has been instrumental in commercialization of the Indian Space Industry by opening up ISRO to private players. Steve Berglund, CEO, Trimble, was fecilitated with ‘Lifetime Achievement Award’ for transferring Trimble from a GNSS, surveying hardware company, to a leading geospatial solutions, and expanding into new verticals, all the while keeping the bottomline profitable.
Sanjay Kumar, CEO, Geospatial Media and Communications presented the awards to winners.
Other winners include:
- Geospatial Ambassador of the Year- Dorine Burmanje, Chair of the Executive Board, Dutch Kadaster, The Netherlands.
- Making a Difference- Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
- Geospatial Business Leader of the Year- Howard Lance, CEO, Nazar Corporation.
- Geospatial Solutions Company of the Year- AECOM.
- Geospatial Technology Company of the Year- HERE.
- Enabling Public Policy and Infrastructure- Natural Resources Canada.
- National Geospatial Agency of the Year- United States Geological Survey (USGS).
- Geospatial Hub of the Year- Geovation, UK.
- Geospatial Woman Champion of the Year-Anna Hale Miglarese, CEO, Radiant Earth, USA.
Geospatial Media and Communications established the Geospatial World Leadership Awards to recognize and acknowledge geospatial leaders who have gone an extra mile and paved the way for our industry to follow.