- Foreign tourist Arrivals has increased from April 2016 to April 2017. During this year FTA rate was hiked to 23.5%.
- From April 2016 to April 2017 Foreign Tourist Arrivals on e-Tourist visa has enlarged. It was raised to 63.4%.
- On the basis of Nationality – wise, Port-wise data, received from Bureau of Immigration (BOI), Ministry of Tourism compiles monthly estimates of Foreign Tourist Arrivals and Foreign Tourist Arrivals on e-Tourist Visa.
On the month of April 2017, the important highlights regarding FTAs and also FTAs on e-Tourist Visa from tourism are the following:
Foreign Tourist Arrivals (FTA):
- On April 2015, the number of FTAs is 5.42 lakh and it was higher in April 2016 as 5.99 lakhs and on April 2017 it was increased to 7.40 lakh.
- The Growth rate of FTA in April 2017 over April 2016 is 23.7% compared to 10.7% in April 2016 over April 2015.
- During the period of January – April 2017 the growth of FTAs is increased to 15.4% with a profit of 35.85 lakh compared to the growth of FTAs in January – April 2016 over January – April 2015 is 10.1% with a profit of 31.08 lakh.
- Among the top 15 source countries the percentage share of Foreign Tourist Arrivals (FTAs) in India during April 2017, Bangladesh was first (23.07%) the second position was followed by USA (10.65%) and third was the UK with (10.51%) and the least was by Singapore (1.69%) and Nepal by (1.61%).
- During April 2017 the percentage share of Foreign Tourist Arrivals (FTAs) in India among the top 15 ports Delhi Airport was at first (29.20%) followed the second by Mumbai Airport (15.48%) and the third by Haridaspur Land Check post (12.88%) and the last was by Amritsar Airport (1.23%).
Foreign Tourist Arrivals (FTAs) on e-Tourist Visa:
- On April 2017, total number of tourists arrived on the e-Tourist visa is 1.14 lakh compared to the total number in April 2016 which is 0.7 lakh, registering growth of 63.4%.
- A total of 5.82 lakh tourists arrived on the e-Tourist visa in January – April 2017. This is an increase compared to 3.91 lakh tourists during January – April 2016 with the growth of 48.8%.
- During April 2017, the percentage shares of top 15 source countries availing e-Tourist visa facilities are as follows:
The UK was highest with ( 21.6%), the second highest the USA (10.2%) and the third by China (6.1%), fourth and fifth by Russian Fed (6.1%) and France (5.1%) and the last by Singapore (1.6%).
- The percentage shares of top 15 ports in tourist arrivals on e-Tourist Visa during April 2017 were as follows:First by New Delhi Airport(48.6%) and the second Mumbai airport and the third Dabolim (Goa) Airport (7.2%), fourth and fifth by Bengaluru Airport (5.4%), Chennai Airport (5.1%), and the last by Pune Airport (0.1%).